7.13.2012

{FF} Coral Lipstick - Best Shades for Every Skin Tone

Image courtesy of InStyle Magazine
I am so into coral right now.  And sure, it may be the subconscious effect brought on by its ubiquity since Pantone announced the 2012 Color of the Year would be Tangerine Tango.  Or it's possible I can't get enough because it's really just that lovely.  Whatever the reason, I'm avidly searching for the THE perfect coral piece to add to my home {or THE perfect piece in another color that I can transform to the shade}, half considering repainting and restyling my office with a coral, charcoal and white palette {or maybe coral, turquoise and white?}, and definitely on the hunt for a coral lipstick {or more realistically for me, a coral tinted lip balm}.  The last of which, coral lips, is not only the subject of this Friday Favorite, but also one of the easiest ways to add this summery, sun-loving, beautiful-on-everybody shade to your world.  I, a fellow fair-skined lady, am particularly partial to how pretty the color is on Kristen Bell {above}.  InStyle Magazine tells me the shade she's wearing in the photo above is Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in Flirt {$32, chanel.com} and I think I'm definitely going to have to give it a try!

So as not to show complete partiality to the porcelain skinned end of the spectrum, I'm also LOVING how gorgeous this lip trend is on these beauties:

Tina Fey

Leona Lewis

Busy Philipps

Emma Stone
If you want to try the trend, but aren't sure where to start, check out these tips from InStyle, Refinery29, and Stylelist to help you find your best shade.  What do you think girls, is this color wedding day worthy?

Pin It