7.27.2012

{FF} Clueless Anniversary

I cannot believe how fast this summer is going.  Every wedding season, it feels like it goes just a little bit faster.  Quite honestly, I don't know how the last 17 summers went so fast, because I very clearly remember rounding up about 10 of my closest girlfriends for the premier weekend of Clueless.  Today I'm slowing it down a bit to 1995, and I'm 15 when summer seemed to last forever.  

Clueless is undoubtedly a cult classic.  Not only did it impart on us such linguistic gems as "my bad", "whatever", and "as if", but who can forget Cher's completely unbelievable closet?  I've been lusting after it ever since {even Carrie's closet in SATC doesn't compare; Mr. Big on one knee Manolo in hand or not}.  Looking back, I think this may also be where my crush on Paul Rudd started.  {Don't judge.}  It also gave us our first look at the beautiful and funny late Brittany Murphy as Tai, the New York transplant.  Wherever you are girl, we hope you're rolling with the homies.  

Seems odd a bit to wax nostalgic about such a fluff filled movie, but I guarantee if you watch this trailer, and you like me went to the theater in 1995 with your girlfriends, it'll feel pretty good.  Happy Friday!



Pin It