12.01.2011

Words of Love Day 1

The holidays are all about love, and we thought what better a way to countdown to Christmas than by sharing with you some of our favorite words of love!  So, over the next 25 days we'll post one of our favorites here every day.  We hope you'll find one or two or three passages that you adore as much as we do.  And we hope you'll incorporate those that touch your heart into your wedding ceremony or another piece of your wedding design so your guests can fall in love with the words too.  It is all about love after all.

We Shi Shi girls have a giant soft spot for Sex and the City.  It's an all time favorite over here and marathon viewing sessions may or may not happen regularly 'round these parts.  So how else would we kick off our words of love countdown than with Carrie & Big's beautiful use of Beethoven's "ever mine, ever thine, ever ours"?  When he whispers those words into her ear as they finally tie the knot (*spoiler alert*), it gets us every time.  Here's the full version from Ludwig van Beethoven's "The Immortal Beloved Letters": 

“Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us ... 

Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits ... 

No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves ... Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men ... 

My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once ... 

Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved. 

Ever thine, 
Ever mine, 
Ever ours.”